Juba, October 31, 2013 (SSNA) — 1. The General Secretariat of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – Democratic Change (SPLM-DC) is honored to announce to the public through the media outlets, that Dr. Lam Akol Ajawin, the Chairman of the Party, will arrive in Juba airport at Two p.m. on Saturday, 2nd November 2013.
2. Upon arrival at Juba International Airport, the Chairman Dr. Lam Akol is going to immediately give a statement to the press. The General Secretariat of the SPLM-DC will be privileged to invite all the Press Persons and Media Houses (both government and private) to attend this important press briefing.
3. It is worth noting that the homecoming of the Chairman of the party to Juba came on the background of the Republican Decree No 17/2013 issued on the 7th instant by H.E. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit, the President of the Republic of South Sudan.
4. The Republican Decree has been welcomed by the SPLM-DC Party, and particularly, by Dr. Lam Akol Ajawin, because it has closed the chapter of the unfounded allegations that were wrongly and wildly peddled against him in the past by political opponents. The Decree has exactly answered the persistent request by the SPLM-DC to the Government of the Republic of South Sudan to open up a free political space for the work of the official opposition party in the new country on the world map. The SPLM-DC has an unwavering stand that there can never be a genuine multiparty system in the Republic of South Sudan without toleration of the opposition views that serves as a mirror to the business of the government.
5. The General Secretariat, all the members, supporters, friends and sympathizers of the SPLM-DC would like to take this opportunity to thank H.E. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit for his consistent reconciliatory approach, that has been serving the greater good and interest of the Republic of South Sudan. The physical absence of Dr. Lam Akol Ajawain in South Sudan since December 2011 was not a welcomed news by many South Sudanese and their international friends who appreciate his contribution to the historic struggle that led to the birth of the new Republic and its advancement into the World of Nations. We also thank the masses of South Sudan who stood with us at the most difficult times and did not waver in their support for SPLM-DC. We promise them that together we shall transform our country.
6. The leadership of the SPLM-DC has a strong belief that the coming of the Chairman Dr. Lam Akol Ajawin to South Sudan is going to make a great difference, especially at this crtical moment where articulate deliberations and prudence are needed in a n umber of vital political issues like the constitution making process, the general elections, good governance, multiparty system and alliances, human rights and developmental issues, and best practices in international relations and diplomacy. Consensus building is also an area the SPLM-DC, under the leadership of our Chairman, is hoping to play a positive role.
7. The programme of engagements of our Chairman, Dr Lam Akol Ajawin, for the first week in Juba will be made public soon. Any organization or individual interested to schedule meetings with him within this period is welcome to visit the Party Head Office (The General Secretariat) for an appointment.
8. Once more, the leadership of the SPLM-DC would like to thank all the people of South Sudan (both in the private and government sector) for their continued support and calls upon them to turn up en masse, to give a warm welcome to Dr. Lam Akol Ajawin in his beloved homeland, the Republic of South Sudan.