Juba, May 31, 2014 (SSNA) — A high level government source in South Sudan’s capital, Juba, reported that at least twenty (20) bodies with their heads cut off lay in Juba’s Teaching Hospital. The source added that there was a security presence in and around the hospital.
In a chilling message to the South Sudan News Agency, the source revealed that a pile of dead bodies without heads and hands are in Juba hospital awaiting identification.
“I received a call this morning from a security agent who instructed me to visit Juba Teaching Hospital. I asked him why. Then, he told me that there are more than 20 bodies of Nuer ethnic group with their heads cut off in the hospital. I can confirm to you that I went to the hospital and I saw the bodies with no heads”, the source wrote to the South Sudan News Agency.
“There is heavy security there [hospital], I was asked where I was going and what I was doing in the hospital. I don’t know why I was being questioned by plain clothes individuals, it was strange to me”, the message reads in part.
“Updates are coming soon. Please, please protect my identity”, the source pleaded.
Meanwhile, residents of “Mia Saba (107)” in Juba reported that they have heard screaming voices last night and called police but no one showed up till this morning.
However, the SSNA has learned that the dead bodies were collected by employees of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
Most of the decapitated bodies are believed to be people who have taken refuge in UNMISS compound in Juba and were told by the government to go back to their homes, citing “security improvement” in the capital.
Reports indicate that disappearance increases after fighting broke out in Juba late last year.
The SSNA could not independently verify the report due to safety and security concerns.